The Physical Abilities Assessment tests your ability to handle basic strenuous tasks that firefighters perform as part of their job. These tasks must be completed consecutively.
- Instructions for each will be given to you prior to the commencement of the tasks. You will not be provided with detailed instruction during the assessment.
- We strongly urge you to train and prepare yourself for the physical assessments.
- You will be required to provide photo ID and sign an indemnity form prior to commencing the assessment to confirm that you are fit and well to participate.
- You will not be permitted to participate if you are not wearing appropriate clothing and footwear and/or you’re late.
- For further details read the Physical Abilities Assessment – Firefighting Task Course.
A full outline of the testing requirements is available here: https://recruitment.fire.tas.gov.au/apply-to-join/4-physical-abilities-assessment/
You will be required to have a medical clearance prior to complete this assessment. Details will be provided to candidates who reach this stage.