Information for current candidates: to participate in the Physical Abilities Assessment you must complete this medical clearance form.
The Physical Abilities Assessment tests your ability to handle basic strenuous tasks that firefighters perform as part of their job. These tasks must be completed consecutively.
- Instructions for each will be given to you prior to the commencement of the tasks. You will not be provided with detailed instruction during the assessment.
- We strongly urge you to train and prepare yourself for the physical assessments.
- You will be required to provide photo ID and sign an indemnity form prior to commencing the assessment to confirm that you are fit and well to participate.
- You will not be permitted to participate if you are not wearing appropriate clothing and footwear and/or you’re late.
- For further details read the Physical Abilities Assessment – Firefighting Task Course.
A full outline of the testing requirements is available here: https://recruitment.fire.tas.gov.au/apply-to-join/4-physical-abilities-assessment/
You will be required to have a medical clearance prior to complete this assessment. Details will be provided to candidates who reach this stage.