Your interview will be conducted by a selection panel and is designed to be a two-way discussion between you and them. You can elect to do your interview in person or via video link if you are not in Tasmania.
The panel will ask you a range of questions based on the selection criteria and may also ask you some questions about your psychometric assessment.
Good preparation is key to a successful interview. While each person may prepare themselves differently, some tips include:
- Read your application and the statement of duties
- Familiarise yourself with Tasmania Fire Service
- Think about possible interview questions and how you would answer them
- Prepare yourself to elaborate on your written application or give new examples
- Get a friend to help you practise.
More information about interviews can be found at www.jobs.tas.gov.au/working/how_to_apply