This final stage of the selection process is a pre-employment check.
We’ll conduct a Record of Conviction check to ensure you have no criminal record. The nature of a firefighter’s duties means they have privileged access to property and vulnerable people. Our firefighters must be people who can be trusted in these positions.
The Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management will conduct the Record of Conviction check which will cover the following:
- Arson and fire setting
- Sexual offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty (e.g. theft, burglary, breaking and entering, fraud)
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Violent crimes and crimes against a person
- Malicious damage and destruction to property