Good preparation is an important way of increasing your chance of being successful at interview. While each person may prepare themselves differently, some common steps include:
- Re-read your Written Application and the statement of duties.
- Familiarise yourself with the organisation e.g. refer to the Tasmania Fire Service website.
- Think about possible interview questions and how you would answer them.
- Be prepared to elaborate on your written application or give new examples.
- Conduct a mock interview with a friend.
Form 3 – Medical Declaration and Pre-employment Medical Examination must be completed by an Occupational Physician prior to attending your interview. You will be required to bring the completed form on the day of your interview.
Your interview will be conducted by a selection panel and it’s intended to be a two-way discussion between you and the panel.
The panel will ask you a range of questions based on the Selection Criteria. Your answers should explain relevant situations or experiences, your actions and the outcome or result. The panel may also ask you some questions regarding your Psychological Assessment.